- Consultant / Senior Ecologist
- Yorkshire & North of England
- Salary range £24,000 to £35,000 pa, commensurate with skills and experience
- Full time
- Flexible working options considered
Quants Environmental is a reputable ecological consultancy with a diverse range of clients and projects. Our work spans the UK, but we are especially active across the beautiful landscapes of Yorkshire and the North of England. The successful candidate will join our friendly team and will be supported fully by our experienced and knowledgeable senior staff. We have a great ‘Company Culture’ and we know the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
We are seeking an applied ecologist at Consultant, or Consultant progressing to Senior level, who will complement our existing experienced team. The new team member will be involved in all stages of projects from tendering through to completion and will have the knowledge and experience to manage small to medium-sized projects, with guidance where appropriate. A broad and solid foundation of terrestrial applied ecology is essential, with significant ‘boots on the ground’ experience in habitat and faunal species fieldwork. In addition, the ideal candidate will be interested in bat species and may already have, or be working towards, a Bat Licence. Experienced Licensed senior staff are on hand for mentoring in this area.
We are keen to hear from people who are ready to take the next step forward in their careers. The role will suit ecologists who wish to continue developing expertise in fieldwork, whilst furthering their project management skills. Our preferred candidate will have the desirable blend of sound technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an excellent understanding of client requirements.
- A good degree in Ecology or a closely related subject
- Proven consultancy work experience (ideally 3 – 4 years), although candidates with less experience may be considered – commensurate with the role
- Broad and solid knowledge of terrestrial applied ecology
- Working knowledge of protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing
- A sound understanding of UK wildlife legislation and policy
- A personable nature with the ability to communicate effectively, build good relationships with clients and work comfortably as part of a larger team
- The ability to produce concise, high-quality written reports
- Attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence and own car for work use
- Right to work in the UK
- Membership of CIEEM
- Bat Licence holder / currently working towards, or interest in developing knowledge and skills in this area through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
As a Company, we understand that our staff are our greatest asset, and we fully support the advancement of knowledge and understanding through CPD. We also offer 21 days’ annual holiday (plus bank holidays), paid professional memberships, a contributory pension scheme, a generous mileage allowance and opportunities for flexible working. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Quants Environmental is a CIEEM Registered Practice.
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Andrew Westgarth (Managing Director) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your covering letter should provide further details about yourself, your previous experience and your aims for the future.
Telephone enquiries are most welcome to: 01765 600 799 (Please ask for Andrew Westgarth).
Informal email enquiries can be directed to Rachel Buckley (Company Secretary): email@example.com.
Quants Environmental is an Equal Opportunities Employer