This listing has expired.
Stichting Nationale Parken (Foundation National Parks) Bonaire (STINAPA Bonaire) is the organization that runs and protects nature reserves in Bonaire. STINAPA manages and protects the Bonaire National Marine Park and the Washington Slagbaai National Park, undertakes various activities in the field of nature education, shares information about the environment, promotes volunteering, carries out environmental research, and monitors the Bonairean nature and its habitats (see www.stinapa.org for more information).
STINAPA is looking for a new Director!
The role’s main duties:
- As our director you are responsible for the continued development of the strategical and tactical policy of the organization;
- You are accountable for the various tasks and function fields of Stinapa such as park management, finances, HRM, education, research, volunteer work, and communication
- You advise the Board on policies that need to be executed
- You lead the management team
- You initiate and implement innovations and change within the organization
- You participate in external work groups and represent STINAPA at external organizations
- You monitor developments in Bonaire and beyond, which may endanger the island’s environment and nature.
- People manager
- Good knowledge about nature management and protection (land and sea)
- Team player
- Organizational perceptiveness
- Political perceptiveness
- Good communication skills
- You have a master’s degree and you are able to operate on a higher education level
- You have at least five years of related management or Executive experience
- You have a good knowledge of and experience with nature management and protection
- You are able to represent STINAPA on a global level
- You are presentable and highly skilled in stakeholder management
- You have a good understanding of and can empathize with cultural aspects
- You have a great command of the Dutch and English language and Papiamento as well (or you are willing to learn Papiamento within a year)
- You have excellent leadership styles and you are skilled in various leadership styles with a stress on sensitivity, a solution-oriented approach and connectivity·
- You have knowledge of BES laws and regulations
Terms of employment:
You will receive fair terms of employment, including (among other things) a fitting salary, a pension plan, a vacation and year-end allowance, and the usage of a representative car.
For information about the vacancy: Peter Jager, Interim director STINAPA, telephone +599 717 8444. An assessment may be part of the procedure.
You can send your curriculum vitae with a motivation to: [email protected]
Apply before: 15 January 2020