This listing has expired.
- Vacancy ID: 009986
- Salary: £34,788 – £37,849 Annually
- Closing Date: 28/04/2019
- Benefits & Grade – Band 11
- Contract Details – Permanent
- Contract Hours – 37 hours per week
Darlington is a historic market town, located in the southernmost part of County Durham, on the border with North Yorkshire. Darlington is part of the Tees Valley sub-region and is a Borough of 76 sq. km, one of the UK’s smallest Unitary Authorities.
We are looking for an experienced ecologist to join our highly regarded Planning Policy Economic Strategy & Environment Team at a time of exciting development as the council’s new Local Plan enters its final stages. With our reputation for high-quality ecological advice and a track record for delivering good outcomes for biodiversity and green infrastructure, we are giving an innovative and enthusiastic professional ecologist an opportunity to take a leading role in ensuring development within Darlington meets the highest standard and contributes to the conservation of biodiversity.
You will be able to use your specialist knowledge to oversee and implement ecological assessments, implement latest mitigation guidance, design innovative solutions to mitigate ecological impacts and ensure that ecological enhancements are embedded within development schemes and the Local Plan.
You should have an appropriate degree/professional qualification and relevant experience, including demonstrable expertise in survey design, mitigation strategies and a confident understanding of the development planning process and environmental legislation.
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
– 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
– Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
– Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
– Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
– Flexi Time Scheme
– Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
– Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
– Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
– Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, David Hand, Head of Planning Policy, Economic Strategy and Environment on 01325 406294.
An online application form and further information are available from www.darlington.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: [email protected]