This listing has expired.
McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan (MKO) is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 65 people across its five internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning and Estates & Project Management.
We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mkoireland.ie .
The company is seeking to recruit an assistant Ecologist to join its Ecology team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the wind energy, drainage, road and built infrastructure sectors and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of the ecology team to deliver project requirements;
- Have a good grounding in ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest) in their application;
- Have a good knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, ecological impact assessments.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of ecological assessments being produced by the company’s ecology team;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of two year’s post-graduate ecological experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to [email protected]