Salary: £23,000 – £27,500, subject to experience
Who we are:
Greenwillows Associates is a versatile and forward thinking ecological, arboricultural and habitat management services business. An independent and professional consultancy, based in the heart of Cambridgeshire successfully delivering scientific and expert advice for over 17 years.
We undertake a wide range of ecological work, including biodiversity habitat and biodiversity net gain assessments, Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIAs), protected species surveys and licensing and arboricultural and habitat assessments, as well as providing practical habitat creation and habitat management consultancy services. We pride ourselves on working locally, for local clients, across the East and South-East of England. Our clients are varied, ranging from large utility companies, developers and architects through to schools and individual homeowners.
Why work for us?
- Our work is focussed predominantly in the Anglia region; sites are well within a couple of hours’ drive from the office, (meaning less time away from home during the season).
- We are an established consultancy with a varied client base; you will get a chance to be involved in all aspects of the business including quotations, surveys and reporting and to work with a variety of clients.
- We are flexible to help develop the role according to your interests and specialities.
- There is real scope for career progression to Senior level, if that is something you are interested in.
- We offer a generous Continuing Professional Development (CPD) budget, paid CIEEM membership and at least one national conference attendance a year.
- We encourage Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) as we go (ideally within a week of accruing time) rather than letting it build up during the survey season.
- We prioritise staff welfare and our commitment to nature conservation as our core values.
- We have a varied portfolio of clients meaning you will often be working on a number of different projects with very different scopes.
Who we are looking for:
An ecologist with:
- At least 2 years’ experience in ecological consultancy
- Demonstrable field skills, including Phase 1 and protected species surveying
- A minimum of one protected species survey licence (ideally at least Level 1 GCN and/or bats or qualified to apply for these)
- At least qualifying level CIEEM membership (or eligible for) and ideally close to associate level
- Good experience of report writing – Preliminary Ecological Assessments (PEAs), Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs) etc.
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) experience
- Confidence to undertake extended Phase 1 surveys unassisted
- Friendly, client focussed, team player
- Interest in taking on small-scale project management of individual projects
- A full driving licence and access to their own transport
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct ecological surveys (Phase One Habitat Surveys, Phase Two Surveys such as bat, newt, reptile and water vole surveys etc.)
- Prepare of Ecological Reports and Plans
- Check and maintenance of equipment such as bat detectors and newt traps.
- Prepare Health and Safety Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and other project management related tasks, as necessary.
- On-site vegetation clearance – e.g. brushcutting/raking etc
- Undertake Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW)/Ecological Supervision
- Collate biological records to send to Local Records Centres
- Compile information from data searches into report format
We are also interested in hearing from candidates with more experience than that listed, who are looking for a more senior role.
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
Applications: Please send CV and a cover letter to Claire Parnwell, (details below).
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01487 823198
Website – www.greenwillowsassociates.co.uk
Twitter – @GreenwillowsLtd