This listing has expired.
At Cormac we recognise the impact our work has on the environment and the local communities. The projects we work on improve people’s lives, helping the economy to grow whilst ensuring a sustainable future. Our mission is to work alongside our customers to deliver resilient and environmentally robust infrastructure solutions with consideration for biodiversity.
The Infrastructure business arm of Cormac Solutions Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional Ecologist/Senior Ecologist to join our growing ‘in-house’ Environmental Team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the designers, project managers and other disciplines to provide advice on ecological matters to meet environmental legislation and policies. You will be responsible for undertaking ecological surveys and producing reports, coordinating subconsultants, as well as liaising with clients, other professionals and organisations.
We offer a competitive benefits package. It includes pension, professional development investment and employee discount package. We are also able to offer flexible working and relocation support in moving to Cornwall.
The office base for the role will be Scorrier, Redruth. Our current policy operates a flexible arrangement with a mixture of home and office-based working.
This role is permanent, and full and part time applicants will be considered. Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, within the range from £23,758-£44,271.
- Relevant and proven ecological experience in a similar role (ideally within a consultancy environment).
- Excellent written communication skills and confidence in producing ecological reports, impact assessments and mitigation strategies (e.g. PEA, EcIA, HRA).
- Demonstrable competency and knowledge of ecology, wildlife legislation and planning process.
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys, such as bats, dormice, badger and reptiles.
- Experience of giving a technical ecological advice to other members of the project team
- Possesses a good level of interpersonal skills, including problem solving, presentations and time management.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Willingness to develop new skills.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or closely related subject.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and access to your own transport.
- Full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held).
- Experience in delivering a medium to large scale, complex infrastructure projects working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in EPSM Licence applications will be an advantage, particularly a Level 2 bat licence and a dormice licence.
- Experience in undertaking National Vegetation Classification assessments and Biodiversity Net Gain calculations.
- Experience in wildlife mitigation design.
- Tender preparation experience.
- Experience in assisting or acting as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW).
- Achieved or working towards a relevant Chartered status.
Our offer to you
Salary: 23,758 – 44,271
Working Hours: 37 (part-time also considered)
Contract Type: Permanent
We value our fantastic team, and feel recognition of your efforts is vital. For this reason, we offer an extensive employee benefits package, which is summarised below:
- A generous pension scheme with high employer contribution.
- A comprehensive employee discount scheme and wellbeing events.
- Holiday starting at 23 days and increasing to 28 with service (pro-rata if part-time), with option to purchase additional.
- Life insurance.
- Sick pay.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Flexible working hours & home working options.
- Investment and support in your continuous training and development.
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit our website using this URL (copy and paste into your browser): https://www.corservltd.co.uk/careers-at-corserv/rewards-and-benefits/rewards-and-benefits-details/
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our service users, clients and customers. If the role is working with vulnerable individuals and/or children and young people, you will be asked to complete a relevant DBS check to be successfully appointed to the role.
Please follow the link to apply for the role with your candidate profile. To find out more about the role please take a look at the role profile here. The closing date for this role is the 11/08/2022.
If you’d like to have a discussion about the role, please feel free to contact our in-house resourcing team for an informal chat about the role.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our important work at the Corserv Group.
Trusted – Positive – Innovative – Collaborative – Join us
It’s a great time to work with us at the Corserv Group. We are proud to be contributing to a brighter future for Cornwall with exciting plans to generate growth and opportunity across the County and beyond. We work in collaboration with Cornwall Council to provide local residents with the best possible services and care. Whichever business area you join, you’ll be part of a supportive and creative team of professionals. You’ll have a friendly and collaborative workplace and investment in your professional development.
With a diversity of roles across our group of businesses, we’re a great destination for developing your career whilst living in the beautiful county of Cornwall. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome all applicants from all background and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
It’s an exciting time to support our work at Cormac Solutions. We are driving growth and innovation across Cornwall and beyond. Our projects are maintaining the connectivity and beauty of Cornwall, enhancing the natural and built environment. We are passionate about ensuring the county has a sustainable infrastructure for all our local residents and visitors. Our project work spans highways development and construction design as well as environmental and conservation programmes that protect Cornwall’s natural heritage.
Working with us, you will be joining a talented team of professionals working collaboratively to bring positive improvements and regeneration to the county. You’ll be rewarded with investment in your professional development and the chance to develop your career creatively with involvement in our diverse projects portfolio. Please follow this link to find out more about us.
- Job Identification 1352
- Job Category Civils -Senior Engineer
- Posting Date 07/27/2022, 03:08 PM
- Apply Before 08/12/2022, 12:59 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Western Group Centre, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5EH, GB