This listing has expired.
Competative Salary, pensionable.
We have a current vacancy for a home-based ecologist. This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Ecologists on a varied range of projects throughout the UK. In particular you will lead on upland development throughout the UK.
- A degree or equivalent in Ecology or a relevant discipline,
- Demonstratable general knowledge of UK Flora and Fauna
- Experienced in habitats/plants to enable competent Phase I survey is essential especially in the upland environment.
- Excellent writing and computing capabilities,
- Full, UK driving licence and vehicle
- Ability to stay away from home for extended periods
- Consultancy experience is advantageous however not necessary,
- CIEEM membership is advantageous,
- Protected Species Licence(s)/experience are advantageous but not essential.
The Ecologist will work together with our team of Ecologists supporting field surveys, collecting data, providing ecological assessments, planning-related work and helping with mapping and report writing.
We will equip a home office including IT, provide training and experience in those areas most suited to your skill set, provide a pension and TOIL for those inevitable extra hours
Starting salary: £30k+ depending on experience
To apply, send a CV together with a covering letter, to:
no later than 30th March 2023. The successful applicant will be expected to start as soon in April/May 2023 as possible.