Ecologists | fixed term AND FREELANCE OPPORTUNITIES | Pay dependent on experience.
TEP is an environmental consultancy with a team of over 30 permanent ecologists. We have a variety of opportunities for ecologists to join us working on a wide range of interesting projects. We work with NGOs, government and commercial clients.
We are looking for ecology field surveyors to support our team for the 2019 survey season. Applicants should have a scientific background but experience may range from recent graduates through to experienced ecologists including those holding protected species licences (primarily for great crested newts and bats).
Fixed Term and Freelance Seasonal Positions
The core survey season is March to September. TEP operates throughout the UK but the work for which we are currently recruiting is predominantly in the North West and Midlands, based at either our Warrington or Market Harborough offices. A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
A Selection Day will be held in our Warrington office on Thursday 31st January 2019. This will give an introduction to TEP and feature talks from experienced surveyors.
Following the Selection Day we will invite successful candidates to join our team either on a fixed-term contract or on a freelance basis to work with us during Spring and Summer 2019. TEP invests heavily in staff training with free to attend opportunities available to fixed-term staff and/or freelancers including:
- In-house training courses (including office and field sessions) covering GCN and bat legislation, ecology, ID and survey methods
- A programme of Lunchtime CPD sessions covering a wide range of topics including emerging trends and new research in ecology through to updates on legislation and best practice
- Significant on-the-job learning hours towards various protected species licences
- Voluntary job shadowing opportunities across a range of other consultancy skills including an introduction to botany and ornithology survey techniques and a variety of office based services including research and analysis
- Botanical training and a place on the Field ID Skills test accredited by Botanical Society of the British Isles
- Chance to work alongside leading landscape designers, managers and arborists in a multi-disciplinary consultancy led by environmentalists
Please visit www.tep.uk.com/jobs for further information and to download a Selection Day Information and Application Form 2019. If you would like to be considered for a place on the Selection Day your CV and application form must be emailed to [email protected] by noon on Monday 21st January 2019. If you are chosen to attend the Selection Day invites will be emailed by Thursday 24th January 2019.