Start Date: 23rd June
Length of contract: 3 months
Location: Phang Nga, Phang Nga
Employment Type: Short Term Contract
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
About the role
As part of the team in Phang Nga, you will assist in the running and operation of various aspects of the community programme such as: helping with volunteer coordination/supervision and general planning, logistics, and maintaining high standards of health and safety.
What you will do
- The main responsibility is organizing and leading activities for volunteers in the field. These will mainly include community development, teaching and healthcare.
- Supporting in the running and development of projects.
- Act as an enthusiastic role model for volunteers and provide guidance and mentorship.
- Adopt a flexible work approach that will include working evenings and weekends.
- Assisting to ensure that the programs continue to operate to a high standard for both volunteers and project partners
- Assisting with administrative work if needed, including reporting and scheduling.
What you will need
- Experience of volunteering, preferably in community work
- Experience travelling/living in a foreign country
- Ability to live in a communal setting
- Teaching experience
- Comfortable holding presentations as well as leading discussions in the field of community and culture for larger groups
- Background in development work
- Must be physically able to lead volunteers on various activities
- TEFL qualification
What we offer
Our packages include the following: food, accommodation, insurance and visa costs.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV and complete the short application form.
We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.