This listing has expired.
Become part of our team!
With us, you will work from our main office in Tamsweg, beautifully located in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburger Lungau in the Alps. You will enjoy flexible working hours and with high self-responsibility in a family-friendly working environment of an idealistic, social, international, dynamic team. You will be part of our pan-European dedicated multi-cultural and very experienced professional team of wilderness and wildlife specialists, nature conservationists, researchers and scientists, tourism experts, marketing and business professionals, legal advisors and wilderness advocates.
Your skills and requirements
- have multiple learning opportunities – professional, language-wise, and personal development,
- be involved with many cultures of the team members and their home countries Spain, Ukraine, Slovakia, Italy, and Germany,
- be introduced into our online and offline communication tools,
- assist in project developments and event management,
- do research on different topics and file it in the Wilderness Database for our European Wilderness Network,
- organise and implement online and offline communication strategies.
You will be able to:
- accompany the European Wilderness Society team on our educational tour,
- join the European Wilderness Society team on field trips,
- assist on international Wilderness audits,
- help with organizing of events and activities in our international projects,
- write articles for our journals and other publications.
- The European Wilderness Society will assist you in finding a place or guest family for the time of the volunteer’s stay.
- A company car will be available upon request and a company bicycle as well as support for public transport tickets can be arranged if necessary.
- Every European Wilderness Society team member benefits from a special health and travel insurance for international travel, that will also apply for the volunteer.
- The office provides the volunteer with an AUVA proofed working space. All the necessary software can be provided to fulfill tasks during the stay. Free wifi will be accessible for the volunteer during office hours, also for private use.
Are you interested to get WILD? Apply now and become our 2019 volunteer!
- Application deadline September 14th, 2018
- Volunteer period starts January – February 2019
- Duration 3 – 12 months
In the letter (max. 2 pages A4), please include information about yourself, your background, why you would like to become a volunteer at the European Wilderness Society, and what you hope to learn.
If we receive numerous applications, only a selected group of applicants can be interviewed via Skype, phone or chats.
Let’s get Wild!
The European Wilderness Society team