FSC Head Office, base negotiable.
Up to £27,089 per annum plus benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. FSC is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, which requires the post holder to provide high quality support to the Board of Trustees as well as to the Charity’s Chief Executive and Director of Finance & Business Administration. The post holder will be expected to take minutes, work accurately and efficiently under pressure, and to manage and prioritise their own workload; proactively reprioritising tasks based on new and sometimes conflicting work demands from the Director of Finance & Business Administration and CEO; and to provide and receive sensitive information, the handling of which may require tact, diplomacy, and persuasive skills.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service – up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Sam Dhadwar on 01743 852115.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 27 May 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Head Office or via Zoom on 6 June 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.