This listing has expired.
We’re looking for a Living Landscapes Assistant to help deliver our practical conservation work in the Peak District. In this role, you’ll work with volunteers and assist the Wilder Landscapes team to help achieve our vision of 33% of Derbyshire managed for wildlife by 2030. This will involve on the ground management and restoration of nature reserves and other wildlife sites across the region. You will be involved in creating a robust living landscape for wildlife.
To be successful you will have the practical skills needed to deliver the work and lead volunteers. You will have a wonderful team ethic, a passion for wildlife and be willing to learn from others. This is an entry level position for someone with some experience who wants to progress their career in conservation.
This role will be based at our office in Middleton and will involve working on a number of sites in the Peak District. When completing administrative tasks a balance of home and office working will be allowed. We are a local charity so applicants should be easily able to access our office and other locations around the county.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organizing a work programme for the region and plan practical habitat management activities .
- Deliver conservation tasks on non-DWT sites to develop a Living Landscape for wildlife .
- Respond to issues identified on nature reserves including enquiries.
- Maintain good relations and communication with other site users, neighboring landowners and partner organizations wherever possible.
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust always.
- Work closely across all teams to deliver the Trust vision.
- You can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Take instruction well but can contribute innovative ideas.
- You have good physical health and are able to work on difficult terrain in all weather.
- You want to make a landscape scale difference to wildlife.
- You have a willingness to work by our values.