This listing has expired.
Lockhart Garratt is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, which specialises in providing effective solutions across a broad range of environmental issues.
Our broad scope of skills and technical expertise allows us to work with developers, architects, landowners, planning consultants, NGOs and local authorities, all of which ensures that our working environment is varied and interesting.
As part of our continued growth we require an Ecological Consultant to work in our growing ecology team in based at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.
The role will encompass:
- Completion of habitat and protected species surveys;
- Preparation of ecology reports to meet the requirements of clients;
- Production of fee quotes for new work with associated client liaison;
- Negotiating with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders on behalf of Clients; and
- Assistance in wider company projects as required.
The right candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years ecology consultancy experience;
- CIEEM membership at an associate level (ACIEEM) (or meeting the criteria and willingness to apply);
- EPS survey licence holder (GCN & Bats (level 2) desirable);
- Team working and office environment experience; and
- Client communication experience.
Technical understanding and experience with GCN and Bats (survey and mitigation), plus further protected species experience and licences, a higher degree and additional consultancy or relevant experience would also be desirable additions to the basic requirements.
Career progression and ongoing training is important to us and there are options for technical development and management development and progression in line with personal aspirations for growth. A generous annual training budget is provided alongside internal training and mentoring.
We offer a basic salary of £23-28k plus an excellent benefits package of pension, training and outdoor equipment allowance plus flexible working opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a flexible and enthusiastic approach to the work that they are interested in, and that motivates them to want to make a difference.
Any questions relating to this position please contact James Hildreth on 01536 408840 / [email protected]