The Marketing Content Writer is responsible for writing and/or editing the majority of written content for the organization. This includes email copy, news and blog articles for the website, print publications and a variety of other platforms.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. The position can be permanently remote or can work some days from our Warrenton, Virginia office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Content Coordinator produces the majority of written content that ultimately represents the organization. It is the responsibility of the person in this position to utilize content in a way that properly conveys the core messaging to the public. This includes digital content and print publication.
- Write and edit content across a variety of the organization’s platforms, ensuring consistency of message (30%)
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop ideas and a schedule for emails (25%)
- Works collaboratively with the Conservation, Partnership Organizations, Outreach and Development departments to craft engaging and informative content about Rainforest Trust’s work, such as articles, newsletters and news stories (10%)
- Responsible for contributing written material to the Rainforest Trust blog with outside contributions from the board, advisory council, Rainforest Trust Conservation Fellows, Rainforest Trust Conservation Guardians and outside experts in the field of conservation (5%)
- Produce majority of fast-breaking news (10%)
- Create, edit and manage content for Rainforest Trust publications, such as the Impact Report, e-bulletin, project pages, board packet and newsletter. This includes leading planning and development, managing inter and intra-departmental workflow (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years experience
- Able to clearly express complex ideas in written form; skilled at adapting language, format and style for various media and audiences
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills, and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Organized, ability to manage workflow and self-starter
- Attention to detail, strong editing, proofreading, research and grammar skills, including ability to detect and correct errors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic. Must demonstrate excellent writing skills, and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading and research skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional duties and/or responsibilities may be required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Since 1988, Rainforest Trust has been safeguarding imperiled tropical habitats and saving endangered species by establishing protected areas in partnership with local organizations and communities. With our partners, we have protected more than 33 million acres of vital habitat across Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that relies upon the generous support of the public to successfully implement our important conservation action.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rainforest Trust is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals, as well as administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because others in the organization work in different timezones, on occasion it is necessary to be available outside of regular working hours.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues both verbally and in writing and must be able to exchange accurate, neat and thorough information.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position at a computer terminal for an extended period and ability to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- When working within the organization’s office, the person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
How to Apply:
Please submit a résumé, cover letter and portfolio of work, to email@example.com