This listing has expired.
Learn skills to design conservation projects which have more impact.
What is this workshop? An online training workshop, run over 6 weeks, with weekly live teaching sessions and pre-recorded training videos to work from in your own time
What will you learn? In this brand new workshop you will be guided through each step in designing an effective and comprehensive strategy for achieving your conservation goals. You will learn how to:
- Engage stakeholders: ensure that the right groups are involved in developing your strategy
- Conduct a situation analysis: understand the full range of issues to consider when developing your conservation strategy
- Define your conservation goals: establish what your project seeks to achieve
- Develop a work plan: plan the actions required to achieve your goals
- Apply adaptive working practices: gather and evaluate the information needed to assess your project’s impact and adapt to changing conditions.
Why take this workshop?
- Increase the impact of any conservation project
- Raise more conservation funds by developing stronger proposal
- Acquire a qualification in conservation strategy development
- Get expert training and support from our team, via Skype, email and Zoom
- Have the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
Where: Anywhere (online)
When: 6th November – 11th December 2019 (3 hours learning each week)
How much: £180 (Standard rate: bursaries available. See here for details.)
20% discount for Conservation Careers members
See the online training page of our website for more details.
“I find the SDWC approach really user-friendly. The training has given me the skills and confidence to embark on strategy development for wildlife conservation of any sized project.” Nikki Tagg, Born Free Foundation
“Learning this way of structuring the strategy development will help me break down my work plans into more manageable tasks.” Alexa Piggott, Research Assistant, Oregon State University