This listing has expired.
Fundraising Manager (Northern NSW / SE QLD)
Positive Change for Marine Life is seeking a Fundraising Manager to lead and manage our corporate, major donor, individual giving, peer to peer and grant-based fundraising efforts across Australia and India.
This position is a senior role within PCFML and will commence on a part-time 6-month contract salary of $90,000 inclusive (0.6 FTE) with an option to transition to full-time.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
Our Fundraising Manager will drive our organisation forward to capitalise on new opportunities, further develop existing relationships and attract new supporters to our national and international projects.
The successful candidate will be focused on resourcing a diverse range of initiatives, from waterway remediation and marine debris mapping in Australia to developing conservation-focused solutions to over-fishing and pollution within some of the most marginalized coastal communities in India.
THE FUNDRAISING MANAGER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Reaching fundraising and partnership targets, whilst proactively managing our resource budgets alongside our on-ground Coordinators in Australia and India;
- Nurturing and further developing existing philanthropic relationships within the organisation;
- Driving new growth for our initiatives through reaching out to and developing long-term relationships with a range of potential major supporters (philanthropic institutions, corporate and government sectors, major individual donors, as well as bilateral and multilateral funders);
- Managing and increasing PCFML’s individual giving and peer to peer fundraising relationships;
- Developing and leading a 3-year fundraising strategy to further drive outcome-driven growth for our projects;
- Developing content, support and advice for projects, proposals, and fundraising submissions;
- Organising outreach events targeted at existing relationships, public-facing engagement, as well as smaller major donor and invitational events;
- Publicly representing PCFML at donor, networking and fundraising events;
- Liaising with relevant private sector partners;
- Developing compelling project-focused content with our engagement team to further drive support through social media, e-mail and direct mailouts.
IDEALLY, WE ARE SEEKING SOMEONE WITH:
- A desire to create long-term change for our oceans and the people who rely on them for survival;
- A proven track-record and passion for inspiring people to give;
- A proven ability to manage teams in a participatory way, whilst reaching (and exceeding) targets;
- A flair for thinking outside of the box, organising creative and engaging events and developing innovative big picture fundraising strategies, which help PCFML stand out as an organisation well worth investing in;
- The experience to be self-motivated and autonomous, whilst managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
ADDITIONALLY, WE’LL FAVOUR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have experience working with international organisations, and in a virtual context;
- Have an understanding of, or experience working on similar issues to those that our projects are focused on;
- Have an extensive existing network of givers and philanthropists who are passionate about the issues that PCFML addresses.
We encourage ALL applicants to apply. Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet all of the above criteria as we value passion, creativity and drive on an equal footing with experience and formal qualifications.
Positive Change for Marine Life empowers communities to take action for our ocean, developing long-term initiatives which benefit the sea, as well as those who rely upon it for survival. We work with a broad spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds including businesses, fisherfolk, community organisations, students, faith groups, activists, political institutions and individuals – to realise the value of a healthy ocean and the long-term environmental, social and economic benefit that it provides.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send the following to Lucia Ruiz via [email protected] stating Fundraising Manager Application clearly on your e-mail and cover letter:
- A one-page expression of interest, which includes three solutions to increase fundraising within PCFML;
- A copy of your CV;
- Short videos outlining why you are a perfect fit for this role will also be considered, however, are not a requirement. Please ensure that videos are under 90 seconds in length.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON AN ONGOING BASIS UNTIL WE FIND THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR THE ROLE, SO PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
About Positive Change for Marine Life
Positive Change for Marine Life empowers communities to take action for our ocean, developing long-term initiatives which benefit the sea, as well as those who rely upon it for survival. We work with a broad spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds including businesses, fisherfolk, community organisations, students, faith groups, activists, political institutions and individuals - to realise the value of a healthy ocean and the long-term environmental, social and economic benefit that it provides.