The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally.
Our successful pioneering work has attracted investment and enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.
Why join us?
As part of our business plan APEM Ltd are expanding our Marine Wildlife Survey Team.
The Marine Survey Team manage, co-ordinate and report on digital aerial surveys for ornithology and marine mammals, from data collection to reporting. The team uses robust science to find solutions for both the private and public sectors.
As a Principal Consultant you will be working closely with the Associate Director and other Principal Consultants within the Marine Division and wider APEM team to expand the marine wildlife team in a people first consulting business. You’ll be influencing and shaping current work streams, managing 20+ projects, overseeing senior and junior staff and expanding the current customer base across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
About the role
We are looking for you to:
- To work closely with the Principals and Associate Directors to expand the business across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- To lead and mentor a team of consultants, technical specialists and senior consultants to produce timely, accurate and high quality products and services.
- To be responsible for part of the output of the wider team, reviewing and signing off reports, providing constructive feedback and coaching where required in order to achieve this.
- To be involved in all aspects of tender preparation including writing proposals, setting budgets, programmes and scope alone, with other internal teams and in partnership with external organisations.
- Project management of multiple large scale projects with multidisciplinary teams based in various locations.
- Business development – UK, Ireland, Europe and RoW, taking APEM into new markets/sectors for wildlife survey as and associated activities, with existing clients as well as securing and managing new work/opportunities, maintaining and extending relationships and developing knowledge on local policy/operations/industry and stakeholders.
You will be passionate about marine wildlife and be able to engage with other likeminded specialists and non-specialist (regulators, clients, colleagues) individuals. You will have a scientific approach to problem solving and innovation with commercial awareness.
You’ll be able to work well under pressure within a fast paced environment and support the team with excellent leadership skills.
This role is offered on a remote basis with ad-hoc visits to APEM offices for meeting or to client sites, we are open to you being based anywhere in the UK. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Cambridge and are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.