This listing has expired.
Learn skills to deliver conservation projects of any type and size.
20% discount for Conservation Careers members available.
What will you learn?
- Effective team management: define roles to clarify team structure and decision-making, and improve internal communication and coordination
- Effective time management: design a phased approach, sequentially addressing the key work-tasks at each stage of your project
- Project coordination: simultaneously conduct multiple elements of the overall work-plan, in a coherent and organised way
- Adaptive working practices: control and monitor the progress of your work and adapt to changing conditions
- Monitoring and evaluation: record, evaluate and share the impact of your work, both internally and externally.
Who is this course for?
- Starters: are you just setting out in your conservation career and looking for the skills to find and flourish in your dream job?
- Switchers: are you a professional switching to a new career in conservation and looking to add to your current skills?
- Practitioners: are you already working in conservation, and looking for ways to increase your impact?
This course is designed for you!
Dates: 4th March – 8th April 2019
Delivery will consist of:
- Live, interactive sessions with a qualified instructor
- Pre-recorded training videos
Interactive sessions will take place every Monday, at 5pm GMT / 12pm EST. These will be delivered via the Zoom online-meetings platform
Training videos will be sent out weekly, to be watched and worked through at a time which which suits the participant
Both live training sessions and pre-recorded videos will be a maximum of 1.5 hours each, per week
Only 30 places available.
“After 10 years of managing a project, this is the first time I’ve actually been trained in it. I found it very useful to actually get some principles and processes for how you should best manage a project, rather than just learning as you go, and often being very inefficient.” Dr Amy Dickman, WildCRU (University of Oxford) and Director of Ruaha Carnivore Project, Tanzania
“It was a great value for our organization and for my professional career. I strongly encourage future young conservationists to take this course”. Sergio Cumbula, Project manager, Lupa, Mozambique
“Great experience! It was a fun way of learning things”. Babu Ram Lamichhane, National Trust for Nature Conservation, Nepal