“Working with young people to share our passion and knowledge to inspire our future scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, campaigners, teachers, global citizens…” FSC Tutor.
FSC wants to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it. We offer a range of field studies courses to visiting groups across our centres based all over the UK in stunning locations. For further details click here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Tutor to plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities to a wide ranging audience; engaging and enthusing students to assist FSC achieve their goal of ‘Inspiring Environmental Understanding through first-hand experience’. We’re looking for people educated to degree level in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline, with 3 years+ of relevant work experience to include some management experience also experienced in producing and preparing teaching resource and can use interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets. You will be working on-site at this beautiful location, working with likeminded people who have a great team ethic.
Senior Tutor (Team Leader)
FSC Margam Discovery Centre, Port Talbot
Up to £25,167 per annum plus benefits
37.5hpw Annualised, Permanent
- Working under the direction of the Education Team Leader to provide team management as appropriate, including weekly and monthly forward planning, and leading daily briefings and team meetings
- Carrying out direct line management of some junior members of the education team (e.g. Education Support Assistants, HE Students Placements, Trainee Tutors) and Volunteers, including carrying out personal development reviews in line with FSC procedures
- Organising and carrying out induction, coaching, competency sign-off and providing support and guidance for team members as appropriate
Using your creative talents, you will –
- Deliver activities in a safe, effective and engaging manner, responding to the needs of the group by changing the pace and style of delivery as appropriate
- Set a high standard of customer service – meeting and greeting visiting staff, welcome talks, etc and ensuring that these are delivered effectively
- Demonstrate teaching excellence in your own course delivery and setting benchmark standards for the team in teaching and learning styles and strategies – act as a mentor to other team members
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
For the full Job Description please see the vacancy pack when you click to apply.
If you are interested in joining an internationally respected organisation where there are brilliant opportunities for informal and formal self-development, training, and learning and where you will be sharing your passion, with colleagues, customers, and enthusing people of all ages about the natural world and helping to protect it please register your interest via this link.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on Friday 5 November 2021
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Margam Discovery Centre in the week commencing 15 November 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.