This listing has expired.
Field Studies Council is one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC).
FSC Rhyd-y-creuau is set in the beautiful, rugged landscape of the Snowdonia National Park, yet close to secluded wooded valleys, rocky shores, beaches and traditional seaside resorts. The 2.2 hectare estate includes a football pitch, woodland, biodiversity garden, campfire area, teambuilding challenges, stream and ponds.
FSC Rhyd-y-creuau, Nr Conwy, Snowdonia
Salary up to £25,922 per annum plus benefits
Full Time 37.5 hours per week / permanent
Our Senior Tutor will develop, plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities and engage students to achieve our vision to inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
You will work closely with the Education Team Leader to provide team management as well as delivering ! teaching activities in a safe, effective and engaging manner whilst setting the benchmark standards for the team in teaching and learning styles and strategies.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post-holder to be able to carry out duties associated with effectively managing groups in outdoor learning locations, which may be remote, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the group at all times, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the group at all times.
With previous teaching / tutoring experience the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline. You will be experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and in the use of interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets.
We ask that you have &n dash;
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 28 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service – up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Liz Cain on 01690 710494.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is Friday 18 February 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Rhyd-y-creuau Field Centre, Nr Conwy on Tuesday 22 February 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.