This listing has expired.
Are you looking to gain hands on experience in the Environmental Education or Conservation sector? Want to be provided with accommodation, a training budget and the chance to work with skilled professionals already working in the industry? This intensive trainee scheme has provided 90% of individuals who have completed the scheme the knowledge, skills and confidence to secure jobs in the environmental education, conservation or teaching sector.
- Trainee Engagement Ranger: Based at Occombe Farm, this role will give you hands-on experience in the education team. Assisting with the planning and delivery of School Day Visits, Residential Stays and Engagement Activities across all the Trusts main sites in Torbay; including farmland, marine, woodland, parkland and headlands.
- You are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is keen to build knowledge and practical skills within the countryside charity sector
- You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be happy to engage with a wide public audience and varied age range of participants
- You will work with creativity and flexibility both independently and as part of a team
- You will need to be physically fit
- You will have an interest in the countryside and heritage and enjoy engaging people within it
- You should be available ideally 4 days a week, 30 hours a week
What we offer:
- 9-12 Month Training Programme
- Free accommodation
- Substantial Training budget for external courses
- Role specific training
- Work experience in a successful organisation that will demonstrate your abilities and commitment to future employers
- Full mentorship throughout your placement from an experienced member of staff guiding you through your professional development, including support with job applications and references for future employers
- Networking opportunities within the organisation, partner organisations and other organisations that work within the same sector
For more information on the role and to download an application form please visit: https://www.countryside-trust.org.uk/about-tcct/vacancies
Applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 19th January 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 29th January 2020
Start Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Any applicants who have not heard from us by the date of the interview should consider their application unsuccessful.