This listing has expired.
Field Studies Council is one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC).
FSC Preston Montford, Nr Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Up to £21,197* per annum (pro-rata) plus benefits – *with effect from 1 April the salary will increase to up to £22,582 per annum (pro-rata).
37.5 hours per week during March – October & 20 hours per week during November – February each year.
FSC Preston Montford is situated in the heart of Shropshire on the banks of the River Severn with views into Wales. The Centre is set in a 12-hectare estate which is managed to provide a rich range of habitats.
Our Tutors will develop, plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities and engage students to achieve our vision to inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post-hold er to teach students from KS2-KS5 as well as! family/adult groups. Taught sessions predominantly include primary field studies, secondary geography/ecology investigations as well as bushcraft and adventure activities.
You will also be able to carry out duties associated with effectively managing groups in an outdoor learning location, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the group at all times.
With previous teaching / tutoring experience the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline. You will be experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and in the use of interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – pro-rata of 28 days including bank holidays (increases with length of service – up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Arran Holdsworth via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07529221307.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Monday 7 February 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Preston Montford or via Zoom on Monday 14 February 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.