This listing has expired.
“Working with young people to share our passion and knowledge to inspire our future scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, campaigners, teachers, global citizens…” FSC Tutor.
Base – FSC Juniper Hall, Nr Dorking, Surrey
Up to £21,197 per annum (pro-rata)
37.5 hours per week / Annualised / Permanent
Our core season runs from March through to October annually
FSC wants to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it. We offer a range of field studies courses to visiting groups across our centres based all over the UK in stunning locations.
We are looking for enthusiastic Tutors to lead and engage groups of all abilities, with previous knowledge and experience of teaching or tutoring in the great outdoors; to educate about our amazing environment. We’re looking for people educated to degree level in Science, Geog raphy, Environmental Studies, Maths or a clo! sely allied discipline, also experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and can use interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets. You will be working on-site at one of our beautiful locations working with like minded people who have a great team ethic
We have permanent and permanent seasonal full time roles available. Typically our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Using your creative talents, you will –
- Develop and deliver out-of-classroom learning experiences to a wide-ranging audience of formal and informal educational groups
- Ensure that – where appropriate – programmes have relevance to the National Curriculum for England and Wales and Awarding Body Specifications
- Effectively integrate ICT into pre-planned activities (GIS, Excel, Smartboards and PowerPoints)
- Ensuring all resources (including shared resources) are prepared and available for the activity
- Producing plans for activities, identifying appropriate learning outcomes and liaising with accompanying staff to ensure programmes meet their requirements
- Identifying individual learning needs and planning and adapting courses to meet the needs of learners, and responding to the needs of the group by changing the pace and/or style of delivery as appropriate
- Contributing fully to the development of new teaching activities, including taking a lead role within some areas and effectively sharing and communicating ideas within the teaching team.
For the full Job Description please click to apply
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
If you are interested in joining an internationally respected organisation where th ere are brilliant opportunities for informal and formal self-development, training, and learning and where you will be sharing your passion, with colleagues, customers, and enthusing people of all ages about the natural world and helping to protect it we look forward to receiving your application!
If you have any questions about the role please contact Simon Waller at email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be Friday 30th July 2021.
Interviews to be arranged for the week commencing Monday 2nd July 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email