This listing has expired.
Can you see yourself joining a passionate and innovative team of people working to make Europe a wilder place? Would you like to use your skills and experience supporting the recovery of wildlife populations and natural processes across Europe, for the benefit of people and nature? If so, we might have the ideal job for you.
After a decade of work, Rewilding Europe is now stepping up its operations. We have developed an exciting new strategy and set ambitious goals for 2030. We now are looking for an Upscaling Officer to strengthen our Central Team.
Upscaling Officer (32-40 hours)
Upscaling nature recovery in Europe
Since its foundation, Rewilding Europe has played a pioneering role in the evolution of the European rewilding movement, which has never been as strong as today. We have seen a solid base for European rewilding established. Going forward, we now need to kick on and really scale up rewilding. By 2030, Rewilding Europe wants to see rewilding practised extensively, at scale, right across Europe. To achieve that, we aim to inspire and enable others to adopt and apply rewilding principles, models and tools, so that rewilding is being practiced at scale across Europe.
Existing and new upscaling mechanisms and tools are partly developed and managed within the Upscaling team (such as the European Rewilding Network, Rewilding Europe Training, European Young Rewilders, Fellowship Programme) and partly by Thematic Heads (such as Rewilding Principles, Models & Tools, Land Access, Rewilding Carbon Credits, Rewilding Europe Capital, European Wildlife Comeback Fund, strategic partnerships, communication and engagement).
The Upscaling Officer supports Rewilding Europe’s Upscaling team in their activities related to the various upscaling tools and mechanisms. Reports to the Head of Upscaling. Works closely with the Upscaling team and other Central team members as appropriate and needed.
- Helps organising webinars, trainings, network meetings and other events, both in preparation as in execution phase;
- Provides information, corresponds and gives advice to (potential) participants or members of these events, trainings and networks;
- Handles admissions and related administration for various upscaling tools;
- Manages databases of participants of events, trainings and networks;
- Supports the production of materials for any of these events, trainings and networks;
- Supports the Head of Upscaling with organising internal and external meetings.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in field of communication, network development and support, or related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in organising events in all its aspects (both online and physical), trainings, or similar;
- Experience with working with international teams and international customers;
- Well experienced with online tools such as Teams, Zoom and online application tools;
- Full proficiency in English (read, written, and spoken) is required, additional European languages are a plus.
- Rewilding Europe is a professional and dynamic organisation with a friendly working culture. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with background, expertise, level of experience, and country of residence.
- The candidate will ideally be located in the Netherlands.
- This position is graded in salary scale 5.
Information and procedure
We invite those interested in this position to submit a motivational letter and CV before Monday 12 December, 09.00 CET to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code 13.UPSCALING in the subject line. Any queries regarding this position should also be sent to this email address.
We strive to ensure that our employees are a reflection of society and the international character of our organization.