TAKE YOUR NEXT CAREER STEPS
WITH CAREER COACHING
WE’LL HELP YOU PLAN YOUR NEXT STEPS SO THAT
YOU CAN GET ON WITH THE IMPORTANT
BUSINESS OF SAVING THE PLANET
Take your next career steps with career coaching
Are you feeling lost, disillusioned or stuck? Is something holding you back from pursuing the career of your dreams? Are you struggling with a career decision? Would you like to gain clarity about your next steps?
You’re in the right place!
We know that conservation can be a tough sector to break into, and that it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure. This is why it’s so important to have a clear plan of action so you can feel confident and make your next steps count.
How do we help?
At Conservation Careers we know the key steps to securing careers in the conservation sector, based on interviews with over 300 professional conservationists worldwide. With over 30 years’ cumulative experience in the industry, we’ve developed a proven step-by-step system to help you get clear, get ready and get hired in the conservation sector.
We can help you plan your next steps to make your dream career a reality.
Conservation Careers Career Coaching includes:
- Personalised support and guidance. We’ll help you gain insight into any barriers that might be holding you back from reaching your career goals, and provide guidance to overcome any challenges.
- Honest feedback. We’ll give you honest feedback on any questions you have about your career, and challenge you to become your best.
- Step-by-step support. We’ll help you identify the best solutions and strategies, and simplify the process so you can reach your goals sooner than you could on your own. Whether you have a specific issue you’d like help with, or you need more consistent guidance, we’re here to support you every step of the way.
- A plan of action. We’ll help you identify concrete next steps to take to make your goals a reality. We’ll hold you accountable if you need us to!
- Confidence and motivation. If you’re experiencing stress, doubt or fear, we’ll help you build the motivation and confidence you need to focus and take action. We’ll help you discover that getting hired can be fun!
- Practical tips and resources. We’ll share any useful tips, techniques and/or resources that can support you.
Who is career coaching for?
Are you currently at university or college, and planning to try and find work in the conservation sector when you finish? There’s no better time to get ahead of the crowd than now. We can help you gain clarity about your direction, even if you haven't built up tons of career experience just yet.
Are you currently hunting for a conservation job but struggling? We’ll help you understand what might be holding you back, based on our knowledge of the industry; our proven step-by-step system to get clear, get ready and get hired; and our ten-step system for how to write successful applications.
Have you always had a passion for wildlife and want to work in nature conservation, but don’t know where to start? We’ll help you identify the best way to make a switch, so you can put your skills and passion to work for wildlife.
How long does it take?
Each career coaching session lasts one hour, which includes time for your questions and any relevant follow up discussion or activities. For straightforward questions, we can help resolve your issues in a single session. For more complex questions, it may take several sessions to develop a career plan that you can then implement.
How much does it cost?
Each one hour session costs £95. There are no hidden costs – the price agreed at the start is the price paid. If for any reason you’re not happy, we’re happy to consider a refund.
We also offer a discounted rate of £75 for Conservation Careers Academy (CCA) members. If you’re not already a member, learn more about the benefits of joining the Conservation Careers Academy. You can get started for as little as £6 per month.
By investing in career coaching, you’ll gain insight and feedback that you can apply to any future challenges during your career.
How do I get started?
Our success stories
“After finishing my master’s degree in August 2020, I spent the majority of the following two months non-stop applying to jobs. I found myself getting nowhere (only receiving rejections or nothing at all) for every application I sent out and was also feeling overwhelmed by the number of applications I had set for myself to do in a given week. Having made no progress, I reached out to Conservation Careers and asked for a one-to-one session. Kristi responded very quickly and we set up a one hour session for a few days later. The one-to-one sessions do come with a cost but in my opinion this is well worth the insight and feedback.
Kristi was very accommodating, making sure that I was leading the session, asking any questions or expressing any issues I was facing before providing insight and advice so that the session was tailored to me. Kristi’s feedback on my CV was extremely valuable and I was directed to resources available on the Conservation Careers website which I was unaware of. I took all the feedback on board and started to be more selective about which jobs I was applying to. The session also boosted my confidence as Kristi assured me that it wasn’t that I wasn’t good enough, it was just that I was either applying to jobs that I didn’t necessarily want to do or that the formatting of my CV needed some work. The results of this session were seen quickly with my applications getting more traction and I received interview invites within a month of the one-to-one. I was successful in the recruitment processes for one job in particular and was offered the job late last year. I am now employed in my first ever proper conservation job and couldn’t be happier. Thank you to Kristi and Conservation Careers for all your help!” – Julia Daly, January 2021
- If you are currently at university or college, and planning to try and find work in the conservation sector when you finish. There’s no better time to gain clarity than when you’re starting your career. We can help you gain clarity about your direction to launch your career.
- If you are currently hunting for a conservation job but struggling. We’ll help you craft an application that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- If you have always had a passion for wildlife and want to work in nature conservation, but don’t know how to showcase your transferrable skills. We’re here to help you showcase your lovely transferrable skills to make your dream career a reality.
The cost of a one hour session is just £95 in total for non-members and £75 for Conservation Careers Academy members.
We accept can accept payment via PayPal and electronic transfer. When you get in touch, you’ll be given options to make payment.
If you’re a Conservation Careers Academy member, the cost of a career coaching session is just £60. Conservation Careers Academy Memberships start at just £6 per month and come with many other great benefits.
Absolutely! That’s what we’re here for. We have a proven, step-by-step system to help you get clear, get ready, and get hired in the conservation sector. We can help you create a personal career plan which will finally give you confidence in your job hunt and will make everything quicker, simpler and more fun!