Webinar | Conservation Project Management & Design
Would you like to create better conservation impact during your career?
The ability to design and implement projects to better protect species, habitats and sites is key to success within conservation. But only a small proportion of professional conservationists are formally trained in these essential skills.
A well-designed and adaptively managed project can make a huge impact for wildlife and the people involved. Setting clear goals, understanding the problems, testing assumptions, adapting, learning and sharing your knowledge. Conversely, a poorly-designed project can lead to wasted time and money, and even cause detrimental impacts on the wildlife and people you’re trying to help.
It’s no surprise, therefore, that project management and design are the most valued skills within the industry, with 55% of all jobs listed on our site to date explicitly requesting them.
Join Dr Nick Askew and guest trainer Felix Cybulla to learn more about conservation project management and design, and how the Conservation Standards can help you to create better conservation impact.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- Why is project design and management important for conservation? Learn how to create better conservation impact, and become more employable.
- What are the Conservation Standards? Explore the leading approach to project design, management, monitoring and evaluation in the conservation industry.
- What is the Conservation Project Management & Design training programme? Find out about our newest training programme, including what it covers, who it’s for and how it works.
Plus Felix Cybulla and Dr Nick Askew answer great questions, such as:
- How is conservation project management different from traditional project management?
- What is the biggest challenge conservationists face whilst trying to apply the Conservation Standards?
- Are the conservation standards context-specific? (to a specific location or topic)
- Is training in project management via courses sufficient to gain a job as a project manager/assistant, or is practical experience more necessary?
- What is the best way to start gaining more direct project management experience if you are working in another area of conservation?
- How is the hot (and complex) topic of ecosystem restoration coming into the planning using the Conservation Standards?
- What is the general structure of the Conservation Project Management & Design training programme? Should we enrol in it?
Watch the webinar | Conservation Project Management & Design
Meet our guest speaker
Certified Conservation Standards Coach, Facilitator and Coach Trainer
Felix has trained teams from over 45 countries in the Conservation Standards and has been working as an independent consultant for conservation management for over a decade. In 2018, he received the Conservation Coaches Network (CCNet) Award for his engagement and continuous work efforts with the Conservation Standards and for the Conservation Coaches Network.
He has worked with conservation organisations from around the world, advising them on strategic planning and general conservation management challenges. His clients include the WWF Arctic Programme, WWF Laos, Denver Zoo, University of Wisconsin Madison, The Conservation Measures Partnership, WWF Kenya, UNDP, WWF Zambia, The European Green Belt Initiative, WWF Chile, EuroNatur, WWF Mozambique, WWF Bolivia, WWF Paraguay, WWF Brazil, WWF UK, The International Fund for Animal Welfare, WWF International and many more.
He is the co-founder of the non-profit organization Ivakale.org and has a background in Global Change Management and International Forest Ecosystem Management. He’s also a passionate wildlife photographer.
Resources | Conservation Project Management & Design
Learn more about Conservation Project Management and Design with these resources:
- Podcast | Felix Cybulla | Conservation Standards Trainer
- Create a lasting conservation impact with the Conservation Standards
Would you like to gain key skills in managing and designing conservation projects using the Conservation Standards? Check out our newest training programme Conservation Project Management & Design, taught by Certified Conservation Standards Coach, Facilitator and Coach Trainer Felix Cybulla. Learn more here.