A minimum six month post as senior in-country scientist responsible for overseeing the delivery of CCC’s conservation programme including scientific training, surveying, project partner liaison and community engagement. The successful candidate will be working closely with project partners, representing CCC at stakeholder meetings and working to deliver and develop CCC’s conservation goals.
A £500.00 contribution towards travel expenses will be provided upon successful completion of the full contract.
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with minimum 2-years relevant experience)
- Experience in marine ecological survey work
- Experience in fishery assessment, community liaison and project development
- Marine Protected Area, Marine Spatial Planning and sustainable management development
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ecological data analysis competency
- Minimum PADI Advanced Open Water (>50 logged dives)
- Demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- Experience of living and working in remote areas
- Experience of cultivating partnerships and project management
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of natural resource management issues and community based conservation in developing countries
- Experience with coral nursery development, coral propagation and transplantation