The National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
- Design/produce graphics for all Garden for Wildlife web properties, product graphics, marketing landing pages, email campaigns and templates, social media graphics, static and rich digital banner ads.
- Work with other members of the Garden for Wildlife Marketing team (Director, and Marketing Manager) to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling campaigns and designs.
- Leverage market research, customer feedback/usability findings, and offline/online marketing strategies to optimize designs and user experience.
- Collaborate with product/dev teams on wireframes/UX/UI; also working with web team to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation with a web environment and ensure consistent and integrity of the creative vision.
- Support Web team with images/assets needed for website updates, new product launches, and A/B testing.
- Actively contribute to brainstorming sessions and the ideation of emerging projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 2+ years of web design experience in a professional environment and a keen eye for design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (and/or Sketch, Figma, XD, or similar)
- Maintain an understanding of emerging marketing and creative trends, best practices, and processes
- E-commerce experience
- UX/UI digital product design experience
- Ability to edit multimedia, motion graphics, animation, and rendering software
- Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Design experience marketing plants and horticultural products a plus
- Passion for telling stories/conveying messages in creative ways through visual design
- Customer/user-centered mentality
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, and growth mind-set; self-starter
- Comfortable working in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
- An enthusiasm for tackling challenges and making an impact
- Respond effectively to feedback
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and solid time- and task-management abilities
- Decisive in the face of evolving requirements
- Interest and passion for conservation, wildlife, and/or gardening, or a desire to grow and learn more about the topics