Location:London, UK or Seattle, WA
Working hours: Depends on location
Can you develop and oversee policies and procedures ensuring they are adhered to? Are you familiar with the field of fisheries science and management? The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is looking for a Fisheries Assessment Manager (FAM) to be based either at our London head office or our Seattle, WA office, and to report to a Senior Fisheries Assessment Manager.
As one of a small team of FAMs, you will oversee a portfolio of fisheries that are under third party assessment by external Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs). You will also have organizational responsibility for developing and implementing key elements of the MSC’s Fisheries Standard and assessment processes.
- have an undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience, in marine ecology, fisheries science and/or management or another related subject; a post-graduate degree in a field relevant to fisheries or marine conservation management is highly desirable
- have an excellent knowledge of current research into marine ecosystem dynamics (e.g. structure and function, productivity and resilience, trophic interactions) and/or ecosystem modelling
- have good knowledge of measures and strategies to mitigate bycatch, unwanted catch and/or ecosystems impacts
- have knowledge or experience of third party certification schemes, including the MSC programme
- have experience working with stakeholders and other external parties, preferably in fisheries management, science or fisheries policy development settings on a range of fisheries and resource sustainability issues
- be organised, with well-developed analytical and systematic problem-solving skills, demonstrating sound reasoning abilities and logical decision-making
About the MSC
The MSC’s vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our world-leading certification and ecolabeling programme we recognise and reward sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they operate. Over 300 fisheries around the world, representing 12% of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
Please email the following information to: email@example.com
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the role, responsibilities, and requirements detailed in the job specification and include information on your salary expectations and right to work in the UK if applying to work in the UK; and
- A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”.
The subject of your email should read: Fisheries Assessment Manager
Monday 25 June 2018, 09:00 ( BST)
Please read our Privacy Notice, which gives details about how we process the data that you supply as part of your application.