Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation is looking for a “Marine Conservation and Microplastic Team Supervisor and Supervisor Assistant” to join us as soon as possible (November) at our research bases, located in the NE Aegean islands. The position will be open until filled.
Learn more about Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation in Greece.
ESSENTIAL REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MSc Degree in a related field.
- Managing and training students and volunteers and demonstrated leadership, supervision, and team building skills.
- Knowledge of methods of data collection and principles and techniques of research and analysis, in particular: coastal marine biodiversity, microplastic, water quality, GIS.
- Previous experience in research conservation projects and field surveys.
- Able to conduct fieldwork in all weather conditions and be comfortable to spend long time on a research vessel.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and good computer skills.
- Ability to write scientific reports and papers.
- Work during weekends and holidays when required.
- Drive license.
Experience in field research projects on marine conservation, water quality and microplastic and GIS.
Lipsi and Samos Islands, Greece.
Supervisor: salary according to the experience, accommodation and full board.
Assistant: initially we offer accommodation and full board, and this can be later extended to also include financial compensation.
Please submit a current resume (maximum 5 pages), list of three references, and a cover letter expressing your interest to [email protected]