This listing has expired.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a OPS Lab Technician, Hanafy Lab, Boca Raton, FL. Lab Technicians are needed for a research laboratory that focuses on neuroinflammation in stroke. The Lab Technicians will perform all tasks under the supervision of the principal investigator.
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with behavioral experiments on mice and rats pertaining to stroke and TBI recovery.
- Conducting in vivo experiments in mice and rats on stroke and TBI.
- Applying standard cell culture, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunohistochemical and behavioral techniques to the study opiates and other drugs including genotyping, tissue collection, histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy/confocal imaging, basic molecular biology techniques (qPCR, DNA purification, gel electrophoresis and Western blotting).
- Generating, analyzing and preparing data for lab meetings and publications.
- Assisting with the training of students, research assistants, interns, and volunteers.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Science or related field from an accredited institution and two years laboratory and animal handling experience required.
- Experience with and ability to use a variety of computer/statistics/graphic applications (MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, Prism) preferred.
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills as well as the ability to work independently preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when working with other lab members, including students required.